Sunday, March 20, 2011

Third time's a charm...right?


So here goes try #3 at starting a blog...I figure I have a little more time on my hands now so I'll be better at keeping up with it.

So for starters...the main things going on in our lives right now...

  • Tyler graduates college in 3 weeks!!!! I'm so proud of him!
  • We still aren't sure where we will be moving after graduation...but Tyler is in Ohio right now at a 2 day interview/conference thingy and hopefully will get an offer after he gets home...
  • In April we're going to California to visit my family for a while...hello sunshine and warm weather!!!!
  • WE HAD A BABY!!!!!
So yes...Abigail Fayone Dahlstrom was born March 15, 2011 at 12:37 a.m. and weighed 8 lbs. 8 oz and measured 20 3/4 inches long and is PERFECT!!! I went in for a check up Monday morning and the first thing the doctor asked me was "Want to have a baby today?" then he checked and saw that I had dialated to a 3 and told me that if I wanted he would break my water and send me to the hospital right then! Tyler and I were in such shock...we we had planned on me getting induced on Wednesday anyways...but having the doctor tell us that we could do it right then sort of made the whole thing a reality for us. So they broke my water and I finally got into the delivery room about 3-3:30ish and they started me on pitocin around 4 or 5...I'm not really sure. I was really surprised how fast time went by while we were in there. I got an epideral sometime around 7 or 8 I think. That is an amazing drug...it made everything soooo much more comfortable. I basically just fell asleep until the nurse came in and told me it was time to push. Then I only had to push for about 20-30 minutes and our little princess was here! We were able to bring her home Wednesday afternoon for Tyler's birthday! She is such a happy baby and Tyler and I couldn't be happier having her here! She makes the cutes little faces...I could just watch her for hours! She is so adorable and I love her so much! Yes...it has been quite the adjustment having her home, but she is totally worth it! My awesome mom came up for a few days to help us get into the routine a little and it was such a big help. Tyler has also been awesome! Even though he is so close to graduation and super busy with all his projects he is still doing everything he can to help with Abigail. I am so blessed to have such an awesome family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment